I'm always being asked about how to download music, well here's another gem!
This app has been around for quite some time, I originally downloaded and used it years ago, anyway, it's still around, flying under the radar, avoiding the type of publicity that got Napster and the like shutdown, but nonetheless providing a great platform for getting MP3s.
Why use this over another tool, what makes it different? Here's my opinion:
1) The tool seems to be quite popular in underground & euro circles, meaning you get a different range of music available than what you might find in Limewire for instance.
2) One feature which I really like is the 'Download Containing Folder' option, most times when I'm getting music, I want the whole album if possible, typically if it's a New album, I'll search for it on Mininova or The Pirate Bay and get it w/ a BitTorrent, but for older albums, and certainly less popular ones, BitTorrent isn't a great solution. This feature lets you grab the whole folder of songs, most times, this means you're getting the whole album (assuming the user has all of the songs from the album in the same folder.
3) There's a nice little built-in "Things I Like"
Recommendations feature. You put in the names of bands that you like, and click Get Recommendations and you get a list of Recommended bands...
4) It's Free
5) It's not Adware/Spyware/etc.
6) It has some other features like Forums, etc, but I haven't really used those...
Anyhow, hopefully this will help you fill up that shiny new iPod you got for Christmas you greedy so-and-so!